Second Opinion is the computer software that you will use to fill out and email your SCSNI store & forward referrals. This is the program that SCSNI installed on your computer during program training.
Here’s how it works.
You will use Second Opinion to store all forms and documents for your referral request package, and to email that package to the UC specialty of your choice.
Your Second Opinion referral request package is called a Patient Folder. It will include:
- Second Opinion Forms—these are located in the Second Opinion program itself. They include the Patient Demographics Form and specialty-specific Referral forms (Dermatology Referral, Endocrinology Referral, etc.).
- SCSNI and UC-specific PDF forms—these are located in the Preparing a Referral and SCSNI Resources sections of the Extranet. They include the SCSNI Patient Consent Form, and UC-specific HIPAA Information Release and Privacy Practices Receipt forms.
- Any digital photos, and digital versions of hard-copy documents, like test results, required for the specialty consult.
You will complete all Second Opinion Forms in the Second Opinion program itself, and will save them to your Patient Folder.
You will upload all non-Second Opinion items—PDF forms, digital photos, videos, and digital versions of hard-copy documents—into your Patient Folder.
When your Patient Folder is complete, you will use Second Opinion to email your referral request to the UC specialty of your choice.
The UC specialist will review your Patient Folder and complete a Consultation Form in Second Opinion. This Form contains the patient diagnosis and treatment plan. The specialist will place the Form into your Patient Folder and email the Folder back to you, via Second Opinion.
Please note: UC Davis Psychiatry will respond via Physician Connect, the UC Davis electronic health record. For more information on Physician Connect, click here.
Preparing a Referral
This feature of the Extranet has complete, step-by-step instructions on how to complete a store & forward referral request. Preparing a Referral includes:
- Detailed instructions on how to fill out Second Opinion forms, and how to upload all non-Second Opinion items into your Patient Folder.
- PDFs of all SCSNI and UC-specific forms that you will need for your Patient Folder. The PDFs are all in “smart” format, so you can fill them out on your computer and upload them to your Patient Folder.
- A complete list of all acceptable conditions for referral, and all diagnostic tests needed for each condition.
- A convenient “My Referrals” page, that automatically stores all your referral requests, allows you to track and update the status of your referrals, and allows you to upload this information to your SCSNI Quarterly Clinic Activity Report.
Second Opinion FAQs
Here are easy-to-follow instructions for key Second Opinion tasks. If you need specific help with Second Opinion, click here to contact SCSNI Technical Support Services, or consult the Second Opinion User Manual.